Monday 20 May 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1946!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1946 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Cher : American entertainer, a singer and actress, TV star and recording artist.
- Robert Chua: Singaporean broadcaster founded China Entertainment Television.
- Dave Despain: American journalist and sportscaster.
- Bakhaavaa Buidaa: Mongolia -- Wrestler (1972 Olympics - Silver Medalist) disqualified.
- Craig Patrick: NHL coach.
- Jim Lyttle: American baseball player, professional debut 5/17/1969.
- Bobby Murcer: American baseball outfielder and slugger who chewed tobacco and was a self-proclaimed loner.
- Cher [Cherilyn Sarkisian LaPierre] in El Centro: California, USA; rocker/actress ("I Got You Babe", Jack Lalane, Mask).
- Jacob Ellehammer: Danish mechanic and engineer (d. 1946).
- The British House of Commons decides to nationalize mines.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - They Say It's Wonderful
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Laughing On the Outside, Crying On the Inside
- I Don't Know Enough About You - Mills Brothers
- All Through the Day - Frank Sinatra
- The House of Blue Lights - Freddie Slack & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?