Monday 21 October 1991
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Emotions by Mariah Carey.
In UK (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams was in the top 5 hits.
Frankie and Johnny, directed by Garry Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1991!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1991 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Tom Eastman: English footballer.
- Geoffry Hairemans: Belgian footballer.
- Vadaine Oliver: English footballer.
- Harry Pell: English footballer.
- Lorenc Antoni: Kosovo-Albanian composer and conductor (d. 1991).
- 24 die in a fire in Oakland, California
- Former California gov Jerry Brown announce run for presidency
- US hostage Jesse Turner released from 5 years in captivity in Beirut
- The Oakland Hills firestorm in California kills 25 and destroys 3,469 homes and apartments.
- Lebanese kidnappers release Jesse Turner, a mathematics professor who had been held hostage for more than 4 years.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - Emotions
- Prince - Cream
- Karyn White - Romantic
- Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations
- Natural Selection - Do Anything
- Bryan Adams - Can't Stop This Thing We Started
- Extreme - Hole Hearted
- Jesus Jones - Real, Real, Real
- Bonnie Raitt - Something To Talk About
- Naughty By Nature - O.P.P.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 October 1991 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?