Sunday 24 February 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Careless Whisper by Wham!.
In UK I Know Him So Well by Elaine Paige & Barbara Dickson was in the top 5 hits.
The Sure Thing, directed by Rob Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1985.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1985!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1985 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Britney Stevens: American pornographic actress.
- Sofia Salcido: American homicide victim of her dad.
- Tom Atkin: Rock Singer.
- Mario Herrera: YouTube Star.
- Yul Brynner reprised his role in The King & I
- Amy Alcott wins LPGA Circle K Golf Open Tucson.
- Birendra, Bir Bikram Shah Dev crowned King of Nepal.
- Jim Kelly (Houston USFL) passes for pro football record 574 yards.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wham! - Careless Whisper
- Billy Ocean - Loverboy
- Philip Bailey - Easy Lover
- REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling
- Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is
- Pointer Sisters - Neutron Dance
- Glenn Frey - The Heat Is On
- David Lee Roth - California Girls
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Method Of Modern Love
- Sheena Easton - Sugar Walls
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?