Wednesday 24 July 1985
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patrice Bergeron and Aries Merritt.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Everytime You Go Away by Paul Young.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
European Vacation, directed by Amy Heckerling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Skeleton Crew by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beyond 2000.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Autoduel or Master of the Lamps.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1985!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1985 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Patrice Bergeron: Canadian hockey player.
- Aries Merritt: American hurdler.
- Teagan Presley: American pornographic actress.
- Lukáš Rosol: Czech tennis player.
- Eric Wright: American football player.
- Father Ezechiele Ramin MCCJ: Italian Comboni missionary priest and martyr (Born 1953).
- Gandhi signs peace contract with Sikh leader Harchand Singh Longowai.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 July 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- Prince - Raspberry Beret
- Night Ranger - Sentimental Street
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- The Power Station - Get It On (Bang A Gong)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?