Thursday 26 April 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Confounding the Art Critic, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1900.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1900!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1900 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Charles Richter: American geologist and seismologist, a researcher on the magnitude of earthquakes along with their geography and statistics.
- James Sutherland: English literature Scholar / actor (Rob Roy 1953).
- Douglas Sirk director (Zu Neuen Ufern: Boefje).
- Hack Wilson: American baseball player (Born 1900).
- AL opener in Cleveland draws 6,500
- The Hull-Ottawa fire in Canada kills seven and leaves 15,000 homeless.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?