Thursday December 09, 1999
US date format: 12/9/1999, UK date format: 9/12/1999
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see zodiac on December 9, 1999). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jakob Stubley .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Smooth by Santana.
In UK The Millennium Prayer by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Talented Mr. Ripley, directed by Anthony Minghella, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Plainsong by Kent Haruf was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anna and the King.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Final Fight Revenge or Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 09, 1999?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 09, 1999?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Enrique Iglesias - Ritmo Total [Rhythm Divine]
- Jaci Velasquez - Llegar A Ti
- Marc Anthony - Dimelo [I Need To Know]
- Carlos Ponce - Escuchame
- Cristian - Alguna Vez
Sport Games on December 09, 1999
- Minnesota Timberwolves - Portland Trail Blazers : 86 - 90
- Vancouver Grizzlies - San Antonio Spurs : 91 - 99
- Washington Wizards - Phoenix Suns : 85 - 99
- Oakland Raiders - Tennessee Titans : 14 - 21
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $84.38
- Apple AAPL: opens at $111.00
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $92.00
- General Electric GE: opens at $144.25
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $120.50
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on December 09, 1999?
On December 09, 1999 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is December 09, 1999?
On December 09, 1999 the zodiac sign was Sagittarius.
Who was the US President on December 09, 1999?
On December 09, 1999 the US President was Bill Clinton (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on December 09, 1999?
On December 09, 1999 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on December 09, 1999?
On December 09, 1999 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on December 09, 1999?
On December 09, 1999 several famous people were born including, Jakob Stubley.
What was the number one song in December 09, 1999?
The number one song in the week of December 09, 1999 was Smooth by Santana in US and The Millennium Prayer by Cliff Richard in UK.
What were the top hits on December 09, 1999?
The top hits on December 09, 1999 were Smooth by Santana, Back At One by Brian McKnight, I Wanna Love You Forever by Jessica Simpson in US and The Millennium Prayer by Cliff Richard, Re-Rewind The Crowd Say Bo Selecta by Artful Dodger featuring Craig David, King Of My Castle by The Wamdue Project in UK.