Friday April 19, 2013
US date format: 4/19/2013, UK date format: 19/4/2013
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see zodiac on April 19, 2013). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative), Pope Francis was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars.
Star Trek Into Darkness, directed by J.J. Abrams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2013
while Six Years by Harlan Coben was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Max Steel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dysfunctional Systems or The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 19, 2013?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- See more
- The Boston Police Department chases two carjacking suspects in the MIT shooting death of a campus policeman to the nearby suburb of Watertown where, after a gunfight that included explosives, an MBTA officer is injured, one suspect is dead, and the other flees but is later captured. (Boston Herald)
- The suspects are brothers. The at-large suspect is identified as a Kyrgyzstan-born Cambridge resident, 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. The deceased brother is identified as 26-year-old Tamerlan Tsarnaev. A number of YouTube videos, posted by the suspects, surface that seek Muslim takeover of Chechnya. (AP via WTSP) (Fox News)
- Boston and its suburbs are on lockdown as a result of the manhunt. People were not allowed to go out until the lockdown was lifted, and businesses were also closed. (Boston Herald) (NBC News)
- Shortly after officials announce that they have lost track of the suspect and lifted the lockdown, a tip leads police to the back yard of a home in the Boston suburb of Watertown, Massachusetts, where the second suspect is captured after an exchange of gunfire and a brief standoff. (The Guardian)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 19, 2013?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 R&B songs
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Wanz - Thrift Shop
- Justin Timberlake Featuring JAY Z - Suit & Tie
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us
- Drake - Started From The Bottom
- Lil Wayne Featuring Drake & Future - Love Me
Top #5 Rock songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Daddy Yankee - Limbo
- Don Omar - Zumba
- Romeo Santos - Llevame Contigo
- Prince Royce - Te Me Vas
- Wisin & Yandel Featuring Chris Brown & T-Pain - Algo Me Gusta De Ti
Sport Games on April 19, 2013
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- M'gladbach - Augsburg : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aalen - Union Berlin : 3 - 0
- Bochum - St Pauli : 3 - 0
- Regensburg - Ingolstadt : 1 - 2
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Mallorca - Vallecano : 1 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Sabadell - Recreativo : 1 - 1
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $87.27
- Apple AAPL: opens at $387.97
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $29.62
- General Electric GE: opens at $21.94
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $195.74
- 1 USD = 99.51 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.0265 CAD
- 1 USD = 0.9336 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.1776 CNY
- 1 EUR = 129.85 JPY
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on April 19, 2013?
On April 19, 2013 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is April 19, 2013?
On April 19, 2013 the zodiac sign was Aries.
Who was the US President on April 19, 2013?
On April 19, 2013 the US President was Barack Obama (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on April 19, 2013?
On April 19, 2013 the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on April 19, 2013?
On April 19, 2013 Pope Francis was leading the Catholic Church.