Monday September 20, 1999
US date format: 9/20/1999, UK date format: 20/9/1999
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 20, 1999). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Grant Landis .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Unpretty by TLC.
In UK Mambo No 5 (A Little Bit Of...) by Lou Bega was in the top 5 hits.
Watership Down, directed by Martin Rosen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Ethics For The New Millennium by the Dalai Lama was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The West Wing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Duke Nukem: Zero Hour or Chocobo Racing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 20, 1999?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Eric Benet Featuring Tamia - Spend My Life With You
- Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love
- Ideal - Get Gone
- Ginuwine - So Anxious
- Faith Evans - Never Gonna Let You Go
- TLC - Unpretty
- Maxwell - Fortunate
- Juvenile Featuring Mannie Fresh & Lil' Wayne - Back That Thang Up
- Mary J. Blige - All That I Can Say
- Q-Tip - Vivrant Thing
Sport Games on September 20, 1999
- Atlanta Falcons - Dallas Cowboys : 7 - 24
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - TB Berlin : 1 - 1
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Iraklis - Apollon : 1 - 0
- Panahaiki - Ionikos : 1 - 1
- Panathinaikos - Trikala : 2 - 0
- PAOK - AEK : 4 - 4
- Xanthi - Aris : 0 - 0
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Atalanta - Napoli : 1 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1999?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $80.00
- Apple AAPL: opens at $77.00
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $96.00
- General Electric GE: opens at $121.12
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $126.50