Thursday May 23, 2013
US date format: 5/23/2013, UK date format: 23/5/2013
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see zodiac on May 23, 2013). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative), Pope Francis was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Can't Hold Us by Macklemore.
Rapture-Palooza, directed by Paul Middleditch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2013
while Life After Life by Kate Atkinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blood Ties.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing FIFA 14 or Blood of the Werewolf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 23, 2013?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- See more
- Syrian Civil War:: Friends of Syria calls on Iran and its Lebanese ally Hezbollah to withdraw from Syrian territory. (Ynet)
- Friends of Syria calls on Iran and its Lebanese ally Hezbollah to withdraw from Syrian territory. (Ynet)
- Riots continue for a fourth night in suburbs of the Swedish capital Stockholm heavily populated by immigrants with unrest spreading. (Irish Times)
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin condemns Barack Obama's use of drones and the Guantanamo hunger strikes during Obama's speech outlining U.S. drone policy. (AP) (The Hill) (Business Insider)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 23, 2013?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 R&B songs
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Wanz - Thrift Shop
- Drake - Started From The Bottom
- Justin Timberlake Featuring JAY Z - Suit & Tie
- J. Cole Featuring Miguel - Power Trip
Top #5 Rock songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Marc Anthony - Vivir Mi Vida
- Daddy Yankee - Limbo
- Don Omar - Zumba
- Intocable - Te Amo (Para Siempre)
- Carlos Vives Featuring Michel Telo - Como Le Gusta A Tu Cuerpo
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $91.70
- Apple AAPL: opens at $435.95
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $34.23
- General Electric GE: opens at $23.52
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $205.48
- 1 USD = 101.99 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.0302 CAD
- 1 USD = 0.9688 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.134 CNY
- 1 EUR = 131.89 JPY
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on May 23, 2013?
On May 23, 2013 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is May 23, 2013?
On May 23, 2013 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on May 23, 2013?
On May 23, 2013 the US President was Barack Obama (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on May 23, 2013?
On May 23, 2013 the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on May 23, 2013?
On May 23, 2013 Pope Francis was leading the Catholic Church.