Wednesday March 31, 1999
US date format: 3/31/1999, UK date format: 31/3/1999
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 31, 1999). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Chae Sang-woo and Sawyer Fredericks.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Believe by Cher.
In UK Flat Beat by Mr Oizo was in the top 5 hits.
I'll Make You Happy, directed by Athina Tsoulis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Ashes To Ashes by Tami Hoag was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Futurama.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Carnivores 2 or Earthworm Jim: Menace 2 the Galaxy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 31, 1999?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Busta Rhymes Featuring Janet - What's It Gonna Be?!
- Whitney Houston Feat. Faith Evans & Kelly Price - Heartbreak Hotel
- Faith Evans Featuring Puff Daddy - All Night Long
- Silk - If You (Lovin' Me)
- Shanice - When I Close My Eyes
- Mariah Carey - I Still Believe/Pure Imagination
- TLC - No Scrubs
- Jesse Powell - You
- Lauryn Hill - Ex-Factor
- Tyrese - Sweet Lady
Sport Games on March 31, 1999
- Detroit Pistons - Boston Celtics : 87 - 72
- Golden State Warriors - Phoenix Suns : 78 - 93
- Milwaukee Bucks - Charlotte Hornets : 102 - 94
- Orlando Magic - Washington Wizards : 73 - 84
- Sacramento Kings - Portland Trail Blazers : 86 - 100
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 31If March 31, 1999 is your birthday you're 21 years, 5 months, 20 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 11 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1999?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $71.31
- Apple AAPL: opens at $36.38
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $94.50
- General Electric GE: opens at $114.00
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $180.00