Wednesday 1 March 1995
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Take A Bow by Madonna.
In UK Think Twice by Celine Dion was in the top 5 hits.
I Am Cuba, directed by Mijail Kalatozov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while Op-Center by Created by Tom Clancy, Steve Pieczenik was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1995.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1995!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1995 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
Famous Birthdays:01 March
- Jozef Oleksy succeeds Waldemar Pawlak on as Premier of Poland
- 37th Grammy Awards: "All I Want to Do", "Streets of Philadelphia", Sheryl Crow.
- Yahoo! web site is founded in Santa Clara, California.
- Ukraine premier Vitaly Massol resigns.
- Belgium ends military conscription.
- Part of Houston begins using new area code 261.
- Prime Minister of Poland Waldemar Pawlak resigns from parliament and is replaced by ex-communist Jozef Oleksy.
- Yahoo! is incorporated.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?