Saturday 25 March 1995
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Take A Bow by Madonna.
In UK Think Twice by Celine Dion was in the top 5 hits.
Tommy Boy, directed by Peter Segal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while Op-Center by Created by Tom Clancy, Steve Pieczenik was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1995!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1995 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 March
- Kresimir Cosic: Croatian basketball player (Born 1948).
- John Hugenholtz: Dutch engineer and designer (d. 1995).
- Peter Herbert Penwarden: priest, dies at age 73.
- Warren E Burger: chief justice of US (1969-86), dies.
- James Gardner: designer, dies at age 87.
- James Coleman: American sociologist (Born 1926)
- Boxer Mike Tyson released from jail after serving three years.
- WikiWikiWeb, the world's first wiki, and part of the Portland Pattern Repository, is made public by Ward Cunningham.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 March 1995 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?