Monday 7 July 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gilles Cherdieu and Tom Symoens.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Easy Rider, directed by Dennis Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The David Frost Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1969!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1969 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Gilles Cherdieu: French karateka, world champion in 1996 and 1998.
- Tom Symoens: Belgian athlete who placed 10th in rowing pairs with B. Hendricks at the Atlanta Olympics August 1996.
- Cree Summer: Pop Singer.
- Jackie Christie: Reality Star.
- Sylke Otto: German luger.
- Joe Sakic: Burnaby, British Columbia -- NHL center (Colorado Avalanche, Canada 1998)
- Nathalie Simard: French Canadian singer
- Robin Weigert: American actress
- Erskine Sanford: Dies at 83.
- In Canada, the Official Languages Act is adopted making the French language equal to the English language throughout the Federal government.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Three Dog Night - One
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- The Beatles - The Ballad Of John And Yoko
- The Winstons - Color Him Father
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?