Monday 2 February 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Abell Wood and Michel Paul Philippot.
The Lost World, directed by Harry O. Hoyt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1925!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1925 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- David Abell Wood: Priest.
- Michel Paul Philippot: Composer.
- Elaine Stritch: American actress with a long and varied career.
- Michel Philippot: Verzy Musician.
- Pierre Bertrand: Thierville physician.
- Dogsleds reach Nome with emergency diphtheria serum after 1000-km
- NL holds Golden Jubilee Year meeting at same hotel where NL began
- Belgian episcopacy rejects liberalism, communism and socialism.
- Serum run to Nome: Dog sleds reach Nome, Alaska with diphtheria serum, inspiring the Iditarod race.
- The Charlevoix-Kamouraska earthquake strikes northeastern North America.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tea for Two - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Mandy, Make Up Your Mind - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- All Alone - Cliff Edwards
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?