Friday 27 June 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
King Creole, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1958 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Jeffrey Lee Pierce: American singer, songwriter and guitarist (The Gun Club) (d. 1996).
- Robert Newman: Los Angeles, California -- Actor (Joshua Lewis-Guiding Light).
- Brian Helicopter: British musician, bass guitarist (The Shapes, HellsBelles, Rogue Male).
- Magnus Lindberg: Finnish composer.
- Lisa Germano: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Jeffrey Pierce: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Gun Club) (d. 1996)
- Robert Greig: Actor (Devil Doll, Indian Love Call), dies at 78.
- Harry Burrell flies KC-135 record (5:27:42.8) New York to London
- The Peronist Party becomes legal again in Argentina.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- Jan and Arnie - Jennie Lee
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?