Friday 27 June 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeffrey Lee Pierce and Robert Newman.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
King Creole, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Buckskin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1958 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Jeffrey Lee Pierce: American singer, songwriter and guitarist (The Gun Club) (d. 1996).
- Robert Newman: Los Angeles, California -- Actor (Joshua Lewis-Guiding Light).
- Magnus Lindberg: Finnish composer.
- Brian Helicopter: British musician, bass guitarist (The Shapes, HellsBelles, Rogue Male).
- Lisa Germano: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Jeffrey Pierce: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Gun Club) (d. 1996)
- Robert Greig: Actor (Devil Doll, Indian Love Call), dies at 78.
- Harry Burrell flies KC-135 record (5:27:42.8) New York to London
- The Peronist Party becomes legal again in Argentina.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Jan and Arnie - Jennie Lee
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?