Saturday 2 July 1977
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky) by Bill Conti.
In UK Lucille by Kenny Rogers was in the top 5 hits.
Sorcerer, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1977!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1977 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Carl Froch: Boxer.
- Josh Patterson: Religious Author.
- Deniz Barış: Turkish footballer.
- Shannan McCray: Miss District of Columbia Teen USA (1996).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Alan O'Day - Undercover Angel
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Shaun Cassidy - Da Doo Ron Ron
- Barry Manilow - Looks Like We Made It
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Hot - Angel In Your Arms
- Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner
- Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?