Monday 4 July 1977, US Independence Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Undercover Angel by Alan O'Day.
In UK So You Win Again by Hot Chocolate was in the top 5 hits.
Sorcerer, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1977!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1977 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Orri Dýrason: Icelandic drummer (Sigur Rós).
- Jonas Kjellgren: Swedish singer guitarist and producer (Scar Symmetry Centinex Raubtier and Carnal Forge).
- Zoe Naylor: Australian actress journalist and producer.
- Gersh Budker: Ukrainian-Russian physicist and academic (d. 1977).
- Cubs use fielder Larry Bittner as a pitcher
- Nigel Harrison replaces Gary Valentine as bassist of Blondie
- Red Sox wallop a major league-record 8 HRs beating Toronto 9-6
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Alan O'Day - Undercover Angel
- Shaun Cassidy - Da Doo Ron Ron
- Barry Manilow - Looks Like We Made It
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Hot - Angel In Your Arms
- Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner
- Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville
- Barbra Streisand - My Heart Belongs To Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?