Wednesday 5 April 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The End of the World, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1916!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1916 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Baroness Delacourt-Smith: of Alteryn.
- Bernard Baily: comic artist.
- Albert Henry Ottenweller: American bishop.
- Morley Baer: American photographer and author of photography books.
- Pierre Cour: French songwriter, who wrote a number of successful songs in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s.
- Gregory Peck: American stage and film actor nominated for four Oscars, the Best Actor award for his role in "To Kill a Mockingbird," 1962. He was a recipient of the American Film Institutes Life Achievement Award and the Kennedy Center Lifetime Achievement in the Arts award. A handsome man, 6' 3" and with great dignity and stature, his other famed films are "The Keys of the Kingdom," 1945 "The Yearling," 1946 "Gentleman's Agreement," 1947 and "Twelve O'clock High" in 1949.
- Albert Ottenweller: American bishop (d. 2012)
- French troops occupy Bois de Caillette.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Hello, Hawaii, How Are You? - Billy Murray
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?