Wednesday 26 April 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Morris L West and Arnoldus Christian.
The Adventures of Peg o' the Ring, directed by Francis Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1916!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1916 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Morris L West: Australia -- Novelist (Shoes of the Fisherman).
- Arnoldus Christian: Vlok van Wyk composer.
- Morris West: Australian author and playwright (d. 1999).
- Vic Perrin: American actor (d. 1989).
- George Tuska: American comic book illustrator (d. 2009).
- Ken Wallis: English commander engineer and pilot (d. 2013)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1916 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- So Long, Letty - Olive Kline & Lambert Murphy
- Gems from Very Good, Eddie - Victor Light Opera Co.
- When You're Down in Louisville - Anna Chandler
- Underneath the Stars - Lambert Murphy
- What a Wonderful Mother You'd Be - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?