Monday 7 December 1987
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Faith by George Michael.
In UK China In Your Hand by T'Pau was in the top 5 hits.
Wall Street, directed by Oliver Stone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while The Tommyknockers by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1987!
Which were the important events of 7 December 1987 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- Chris Crocker: YouTube Star.
- Angel Carter: American model and reality TV actress, the sister of singers Aaron and Nick Carter.
- Aaron Carter: American singer who came to fame as a pop and hip hop singer in the late 1990s, establishing himself as a star among pre-teen and teenage audiences during the early-first decade of the 21st century.
- Thomas Fiss: American singer (Varsity Fanclub).
- 43 die in Pacific Southwest Airline crash in California (man shot pilots)
- Gorbachev arrives in US for a summit meeting
- Palestinian uprising against Israel in West Bank
- Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 1771 crashes near Paso Robles, California, killing all 43 on board, after a disgruntled passenger shoots his ex-boss traveling on the flight, then shoots both pilots and himself.
- Mikhail Gorbachev arrives in the USA for a summit meeting.
- Alianza Lima air disaster. A plane crashes killing all Alianza Lima team in Ventanilla, Callao, Peru.
- Queen Street massacre: In Melbourne, Australia, 22-year-old Frank Vitkovic kills 8 and injures another 5 in a Post Office building before committing suicide by jumping from the eleventh floor.
- The Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty is signed in Washington, D.C. by U.S. President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev.
- General Rahimuddin Khan retires from the Pakistan Army, along with the cabinet of the country's military dictatorship.
- Microsoft releases Windows 2.0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You
- Whitney Houston - So Emotional
- George Michael - Faith
- Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
- Bill Medley - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life
- Whitesnake - Is This Love
- Richard Marx - Should've Known Better
- Debbie Gibson - Shake Your Love
- Jody Watley - Don't You Want Me
- Sting - We'll Be Together
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 December 1987 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?