Sunday 19 January 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Murray Stone in Auckland and Junior Seau.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ida Rogalski.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1969 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Andrew Murray Stone in Auckland: New Zealand; open 470 yachter (Olympics-1996).
- Junior Seau: NFL inside linebacker (San Diego Chargers).
- Orlando Palmeiro in Hoboken: New Jersey, USA; outfielder (California Angels).
- Predrag Mijatovic: Yugoslavian footballer.
- Luc Longley: Australian-American basketball player: center, Bulls.
- Oliver Mommsen: German actor, the great-grandson of scholar Theodor Mommsen. He is best-known for the crime TV series, "Tatort".
- Edwidge Danticat: Haitian-American author and academic
- Predrag Mijatović: Montenegrin footballer and manager
- Seau: American football player (d. 2012)
- Casey Sherman: American journalist and author
- Steve Staunton: Irish footballer and manager
- Jan Palach: Czech student of history and political economy at Charles University.
- AFL Pro Bowl: West beats East 38-25.
- Student Jan Palach dies after setting himself on fire 3 days earlier in Prague's Wenceslas Square to protest the invasion of Czechoslovakia by the Soviet Union in 1968. His funeral turned into another major protest.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 January 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- Dusty Springfield - Son-Of-A Preacher Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?