Tuesday 7 May 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Only a Woman, directed by Theo Frenkel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1912 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Daniel Divry: French soldier in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Pannalal Patel: Gujarati author (d. 1989).
- Paul H F Brenneker: Netherlands -- Antillian photographer / folklorist.
- Columbia University approves plans for awarding the Pulitzer Prize in several categories The award is established by Joseph Pulitzer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Come to the Ball - Henry Burr
- Red Pepper - A Spicy Rag - Fred Van Eps
- I'm Going Back to Dixie - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?