Tuesday 8 April 1980
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stéphane Bullion and Manuel Ortega.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Another Brick In The Wall (Part II) by Pink Floyd.
In UK Together We Are Beautiful by Fern Kinney was in the top 5 hits.
The Tin Drum, directed by Volker Schlndorff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shadow Warriors.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rally-X or SOS.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1980!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1980 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Stéphane Bullion: French dancer, appointed 'Etoile' (principal dancer) of the Paris Opera Ballet in 2010 after his performance of Solor in Rudolf Nureyev’s version of La Bayadère.
- Manuel Ortega: Austrian singer.
- Katee Sackhoff: American actress.
- Mariko Seyama: Japanese announcer photographer and model.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Blondie - Call Me
- Spinners - Working My Way Back To You/Forgive Me Girl (Medley)
- Christopher Cross - Ride Like The Wind
- Too Hot - Kool & The Gang
- Ray, Goodman & Brown - Special Lady
- Billy Preston - With You I'm Born Again
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why
- Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?