Monday 8 August 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elis Juliana and Juri Kasakow.
Warning Shadows, directed by Arthur Robison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1927!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1927 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Elis Juliana: Antillian writer / poet (Lady of the Night: A flower).
- Juri Kasakow: Writer.
- Jim Weaver: American politician (Democrat-Representative-Oregon).
- Johnny Temple: American baseball player and coach (d. 1994).
- Maia Wojciechowska: Polish-American author (d. 2002).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 August 1927
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?