Wednesday 8 August 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Mysterious Lady, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1928 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Francois Remetter: France sport Champion.
- Ken Scowcroft: English insurance magnate / multi-millionaire.
- Simon Diaz: A singer and Grammy Award-winning composer of Venezuelan music, Díaz has performed in theater, motion pictures and television.
- François Remetter: French soccer player.
- Don Burrows: Australian saxophonist clarinet player and flute player.
- Simón Díaz: Venezuelan singer-songwriter (d. 2014)
- Stjepan Radic: Founder / leader (Croatian Boer party).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?