Tuesday 8 August 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ben Fouchee and Howard Cross.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Light My Fire by The Doors.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
Bonnie and Clyde, directed by Arthur Penn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching ¿Es usted el asesino?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1967 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Ben Fouchee: Kuruman, South Africa -- Canadian Tour golfer (1987 South African Amateur).
- Howard Cross: NFL tight end (New York Giants).
- Margo Malowney: Saint John, New Brunswick -- Volleyball player (1996 Olympics).
- Rena Mero: American wrestler.
- Jessica Moore: Italian actress.
- Marcelo Balboa: American soccer player
- Sable : Wrestler
- Yūki Amami: Japanese actress
- Eric Angle: American wrestler
- Lee Unkrich: American director and screenwriter
- Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand meet to form Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) is founded by Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 August 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Association - Windy
- The Hollies - Carrie Anne
- The Young Rascals - A Girl Like You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?