Tuesday 8 August 2000
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Incomplete by Sisqo.
In UK 7 Days by Craig David was in the top 5 hits.
Hollow Man, directed by Paul Verhoeven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2000
while Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2000.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 2000!
Which were the important events of 8 August 2000 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Dylan Douglas: American noted family, the son of Catherine Zeta-Jones, 30, her first child, 7 lbs.
- Conjoined Twins: British-born conjoined twins delivered by Caesarean section and joined at the abdomen with their spines fused.
- An unknown ship dumps oil off the South Florida coast, creating an oil slick covering 24km of beaches.
- Confederate submarine H.L. Hunley is raised to the surface after 136 years on the ocean floor and 30 years after its discovery by undersea explorer E. Lee Spence and 5 years after being filmed by a dive team funded by novelist Clive Cussler.
- The Confederate submarine ''H.L. Hunley'' is raised to the surface after 136 years on the ocean floor.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2000 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?