Sunday 25 August 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sikander Bakht and Simon McBurney.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Quatermass II: Enemy from Space, directed by Val Guest, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Letter From Peking by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The New Adventures of Charlie Chan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1957!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1957 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Sikander Bakht: Pakistani cricketer and sportscaster.
- Simon McBurney: British actor, writer and theatre director.
- Frank Serratore: American ice hockey player and coach.
- Prince Suvanna Phuma forms government in LAOS, with Pathet Lao
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Billy Williams - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
- Don Rondo - White Silver Sands
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?