Sunday 9 February 1997
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Un-Break My Heart by Toni Braxton.
In UK Where Do You Go by No Mercy was in the top 5 hits.
Chasing Amy, directed by Kevin Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1997!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1997 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Sunjai Williams: Dancer.
- Shine Tachibana: YouTube Star.
- Valentini Grammatikopoulou: Greek tennis player.
- Fox cartoon series The Simpsons airs 167th episode in the USA, making it the longest-running animated series in cartoon history.
- LG Senior Golf Championship
- Palm Beach National LPGA Pro-Am
- 11th American Comedy Awards: Debbie Reynolds.
- Kelly Robbins wins LPGA Diet Dr Pepper National Pro-Am.
- 47th NBA All-Star Game: East beats West 132-120 at Cleveland.
- Scotty Bowman is first NHL coach to win 1,000 games.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Puff Daddy - Can't Nobody Hold Me Down
- The Spice Girls - Wannabe
- En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Love)
- Jewel - You Were Meant For Me
- Whitney Houston - I Believe In You And Me
- New Edition - I'm Still In Love With You
- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
- BLACKstreet - No Diggity
- R. Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly
- Keith Sweat - Nobody
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 February 1997 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?