Sunday 23 February 1997
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Wannabe by The Spice Girls.
In UK Where Do You Go by No Mercy was in the top 5 hits.
Donnie Brasco, directed by Mike Newell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The Runaway Jury by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1997!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1997 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Oscar Lewenstein: impressario, dies at age 80.
- American Express Senior Golf Invitational
- Scientists in Scotland announced they succeeded in cloning an adult mammal, producing a lamb named Dolly
- Tucson Chrysler Golf Classic
- Jeff Sluman wins Tucson Golf Classic.
- Ali Abu Kamal opens fire in Empire State Building and kills one.
- NBC TV airs the film Schindler's List in the USA, completely uncensored, 65 million watch.
- A small fire occurs in the Russian Space station, Mir.
- A small fire occurs on the Russian space station Mir.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 February 1997 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?