Friday 11 May 1984
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gerald Clayton and Andres Iniesta.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Hello by Lionel Richie.
In UK The Reflex by Duran Duran was in the top 5 hits.
The Natural, directed by Barry Levinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Six Centuries of Verse.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lazy Jones or New York City.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1984!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1984 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Gerald Clayton: Dutch/American jazz pianist.
- Andres Iniesta: Soccer Player.
- John Bowie: American football player.
- Andrés Iniesta: Spanish footballer.
- Marvin Wijks: Dutch footballer.
- Tigers set best 30 game start record (26-4)
- Transit of Earth as seen on Mars
- Johan Cruijff quits soccer.
- Haunted Castle at Six Flags Great Adventure burns down, killing eight.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Rick Springfield - Love Somebody
- Julio Iglesias - To All The Girls I've Loved Before
- The Cars - You Might Think
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?