Tuesday 1 May 1984
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Farah Fath and Keiichiro Koyama.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) by Phil Collins.
In UK Hello by Lionel Richie was in the top 5 hits.
The Bounty, directed by Roger Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Six Centuries of Verse.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Colossus Chess or Hydlide.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 1 May 1984 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
- Farah Fath: American actress.
- Keiichiro Koyama: Japanese musician (NEWS).
- David Backes: American ice hockey player.
- Aliona Vilani: Dancer.
- J-Dog : Guitarist.
- Patrick Eaves: American ice hockey player
- Alexander Farnerud: Swedish footballer
- Víctor Montaño: Colombian footballer
- Mark Seaby: Australian Rules footballer
- Gordon Jenkins: Webster Grove, Missouri -- Orchestra leader (NBC Comedy Hour).
- Mick Fleetwood (of Fleetwood Mac) files for bankruptcy
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Rick Springfield - Love Somebody
- Julio Iglesias - To All The Girls I've Loved Before
- The Cars - You Might Think
- Tracey Ullman - They Don't Know
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Culture Club - Miss Me Blind
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?