Monday 13 April 1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nat Borchers and Gemma Doyle.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Kiss On My List by Daryl Hall & John Oates.
In UK Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Excalibur, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shin taketori monogatari: 1000-nen joô.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Turtles or Ultima I: The First Age of Darkness.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1981!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1981 ?
- Nat Borchers: American soccer player.
- Gemma Doyle: Scottish politician.
- Courtney Peldon: American actress.
- Bryan Scott: American football player.
- Prince Asaka: Yasuhiko of Japan (Born 1887).
- Washington Post's Janet Cooke wins Pulitzer Prize for "Jimmy's World" (later admits story was a hoax and returns prize).
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Beth Henley for "Crimes of the Heart".
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Kiss On My List
- Blondie - Rapture
- Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- John Lennon - Woman
- Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning
- Steve Winwood - While You See A Chance
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Styx - The Best Of Times
- The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?