Wednesday 15 September 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Estrada and Jean Batten.
Sherlock Holmes V, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1909!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1909 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Carlos Estrada: Composer.
- Jean Batten: New Zealand -- Air pioneer (1st woman to fly solo Australia).
- CNAnnadurai: Former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu (d. 1969).
- Ragna Stang: Norwegian art historian, writer, and museum director.
- C Annadurai: Indian educator and politician 7th Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu (d. 1969).
- Phil Arnold: New Jersey, United States -- Actor (Errand Boy, Stud Lonigan, Damn Yankees)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?