Monday 16 November 1908
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Marriage of Krechinsky, directed by Aleksandr O. Drankov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1908!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1908 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Nicholas Lindley Lopez: Peruvian soldier and politician, who briefly occupied the presidency of Peru succeeding General Ricardo Perez Godoy as head of the military junta, from 3 March 1963 to 28 July 1963.
- Marianne Langewiesche: German writer.
- Emmanuelle: Dutch Roman Catholic nun dedicated to the welfare of homeless kids; well-known for her work with the "ragmen of Cairo.
- Raymond Peynet: French artist, cartoonist, designer, illustrator, known for his exceptional drawings of lovers in lanes on porcelain.
- Henri-Gustave Joly de Lotbiniere: French-born Canadian politician (Born 1829).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 November 1908 and get them!