Monday 17 October 1977
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dudu Aouate and Alimi Ballard.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to You Light Up My Life by Debby Boone.
In UK Silver Lady by David Soul was in the top 5 hits.
Looking for Mr. Goodbar, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nikola Tesla.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Street Racer or Super Bug.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1977!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1977 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Dudu Aouate: Israeli footballer.
- Alimi Ballard: American actor and producer.
- Bryan Bertino: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Hiroyuki Hirayama: Japanese actor.
- Ryan McGinley: American photographer.
- André Villas-Boas: Portuguese footballer and manager
- Robert C "Cal" Hubbard: US baseball player / umpire, dies at 77.
- Canada begins regular live TV coverage of Parliament.
- German Autumn: Four days after it is hijacked, Lufthansa Flight 181 lands in Mogadishu, Somalia, where a team of German GSG 9 commandos later rescues all remaining hostages on board.
- German Autumn: Red Army Faction members Andreas Baader, Jan-Carl Raspe and Gudrun Ensslin commit suicide in Stammheim prison Irmgard Möller fails (their supporters still claim they were murdered). They are buried on October 27.
- Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada, opens the 3rd session of the 30th Canadian Parliament.
- Reggie Jackson blasts 3 home runs to lead the New York Yankees to a World Series victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debby Boone - You Light Up My Life
- Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better
- Shaun Cassidy - That's Rock 'N' Roll
- KC and the Sunshine Band - Keep It Comin' Love
- Heatwave - Boogie Nights
- Foreigner - Cold As Ice
- Commodores - Brick House
- Donna Summer - I Feel Love
- Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band (Medley) - Meco
- Johnny Rivers - Swayin' To The Music (Slow Dancin')
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?