Thursday 21 February 1980
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen.
In UK Too Much Too Young (The Special AKA Live! EP) by The Specials was in the top 5 hits.
Mad Max, directed by George Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Princess Daisy by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1980!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1980 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Parthiva Sureshwaren: Indian racing driver.
- Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck: 5th king of Bhutan.
- Brad Fast: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Yannick Lupien: Canadian swimmer.
- Brendan Sexton: American actor.
- Kayoko Shibata: Japanese actress singer and model
- Jim Vandermeer: Canadian ice hockey player
- Jigme Wangchuck: Second king of Bhutan (Born 1905)
- Tiziano Ferro: Italian singer-songwriter, producer and author. He broke through in 2001 with his international hit single "Perdono" and has remained commercially successful since then, primarily in his home country. Ferro has released a Spanish version of each of his albums, and has also sung in English, Portuguese, and French. Known as the modern face of Italian pop music, he frequently writes songs for other artists and has produced albums for Giusy Ferreri, Alessandra Amoroso and Baby K.
- Caterina Balivo: Italian television presenter and actress.
- Brodus Clay: Wrestler
- Alfred Andersch: German-Swiss author and publisher (d. 1980).
- Eric Heiden skates Olympics record 1500 metre in 1:55.44.
- Hanni Wenzel is first Liechtensteiner to win Olympics gold (giant slalom).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- Teri DeSario - Yes, I'm Ready
- Smokey Robinson - Cruisin'
- Michael Jackson - Rock With You
- Dan Fogelberg - Longer
- Donna Summer - On The Radio
- Andy Gibb - Desire
- Kenny Rogers - Coward Of The County
- Fleetwood Mac - Sara
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?