Saturday 21 February 1981
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to 9 To 5 by Dolly Parton.
In UK Vienna by Ultravox was in the top 5 hits.
The Dark Road, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1981!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1981 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe, murderer of 13 women, captured
- Japan launches Hinotori satellite to study solar flares (580 / 640 k)
- NASA launches Comstar D-4.
- Charles Rocket, portraying the gunshot victim in a Saturday Night Live parody of the "Who Shot J.R." plot on the program Dallas, said, "I'd like to know who the fuck did it," during the live feed of the "goodnights" segment. Afterward, everyone except Eddie Murphy and Joe Piscopo was fired.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dolly Parton - 9 To 5
- Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night
- Kool & The Gang - Celebration
- John Lennon - Woman
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- REO Speedwagon - Keep On Loving You
- Styx - The Best Of Times
- Delbert McClinton - Giving It Up For Your Love
- Dan Fogelberg - Same Old Lang Syne
- Steely Dan - Hey Nineteen
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?