Monday 21 January 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aubrie Rippner in Los Angeles and Mari Possa.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Rock With You by Michael Jackson.
In UK Brass In Pocket by The Pretenders was in the top 5 hits.
while Smiley'S People by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Voyage of Charles Darwin.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing B-1 Nuclear Bomber or Targ.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1980!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1980 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Aubrie Rippner in Los Angeles: California; tennis star (1995 USTA National Girls 18).
- Mari Possa: Salvadorian-American pornographic actress.
- Dave Kitson: English footballer and manager.
- Nana Mizuki: Japanese singer-songwriter and voice actress.
- Brie Rippner: American tennis player.
- N Santhanam: Indian actor and producer
- Gold hits record $850 an ounce
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Rock With You
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- Kenny Rogers - Coward Of The County
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- Smokey Robinson - Cruisin'
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- Cliff Richard - We Don't Talk Anymore
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Eagles - The Long Run
- Fleetwood Mac - Sara
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?