Friday 22 April 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Where Do Broken Hearts Go by Whitney Houston.
In UK Heart by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Two Moon Junction, directed by Zalman King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Icarus Agenda by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1988!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1988 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Dee Gordon: Baseball Player.
- James Ross: American drag queen performer.
- Amadou Samb: Senegalese footballer.
- Irene Rich: American silent screen heroine from the time she was 16 in a career of some two decades.
- New Jersey Devils' Patrik Sundstrom ties NHL playoff record of eight points in a playoff game (hat trick and five assists) in 10-4 rout over the Washington Capitals.
- Women are allowed to compete in the Little 500 bicycle race in Bloomington, Indiana, for the first time.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gloria Estefan - Anything For You
- Billy Ocean - Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car
- Whitney Houston - Where Do Broken Hearts Go
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Wishing Well
- INXS - Devil Inside
- Aerosmith - Angel
- Natalie Cole - Pink Cadillac
- Pebbles - Girlfriend
- Taylor Dayne - Prove Your Love
- Tiffany - I Saw Him Standing There
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 April 1988 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?