Wednesday 22 December 1999
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Smooth by Santana.
In UK The Millennium Prayer by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Galaxy Quest, directed by Dean Parisot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1999.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1999!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1999 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Ameer Idreis: Emirati-Canadian author.
- Korean Air Cargo Flight 8509, a Boeing 747-200F crashes shortly after take-off from London Stansted Airport due to pilot error. All 4 crew members are killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Santana - Smooth
- Brian McKnight - Back At One
- Jessica Simpson - I Wanna Love You Forever
- Savage Garden - I Knew I Loved You
- Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love
- Marc Anthony - I Need To Know
- Missy Misdemeanor Elliott - Hot Boyz
- Donell Jones - U Know What's Up
- Blaque - Bring It All To Me
- Kevon Edmonds - 24/7
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?