Friday 24 August 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Hollywood, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1923!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1923 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Jean Thibault: France Actor.
- Maurice Bequart: French astrologer.
- Jean-Marc Thibault: French actor (mainly in TV series) and filmmaker.
- Luigi Poli: Italian military.
- Helena Carter [Helen Rickerts]: US model / actress (River Lady).
- Arthur Jensen: American educational psychologist at the University of California, Berkeley. Jensen was known for his work in psychometrics and differential psychology, which is concerned with how and why individuals differ behaviorally from one another. He was also a controversial figure, largely for his conclusions regarding the causes of race-based differences in intelligence. He died on 22 October 2012.
- Pierre Barillet: French playwright who worked in close collaboration with Jean-Pierre Grédy.
- Kate Douglas Wiggin: Author (US kindergarten movement), dies at 66.
- Paavo Nurmi runs world record 3 mile (14:11.2)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Yes! We have No Bananas - Great White Way Orchestra (Vocal Billy Murray)
- Marcheta - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 August 1923 and get them!