Tuesday 25 May 1976
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcelo Silva and Nadine Heredia.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Love Hangover by Diana Ross.
In UK Fernando by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Fell to Earth, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kapetan Mikula Mali.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Amazing Maze Game or Datsun 280 ZZZAP.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1976!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1976 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Marcelo Silva: Brazilian footballer.
- Nadine Heredia: Peruvian politician and sociologist.
- Sandra Nasic: German singer, the lead singer of the rock band Guano Apes.
- Cillian Murphy: Movie Actor.
- J Tatum: TV Actor.
- Tarik Glenn: offensive tackle (Indianapolis Colts).
- Stefan Holm: Swedish high jumper
- Sandra Nasić: German singer (Guano Apes)
- Erki Pütsep: Estonian cyclist
- Marcelo da Silva: Brazilian footballer
- Ethan Suplee: American actor and singer
- Miguel Zepeda: Mexican footballer
- Heavyweight boxer Muhammad Ali knocks out Richard Dunn in five rounds for heavyweight boxing title in Munich, Germany.
- U.S. President Gerald Ford defeats challenger Ronald Reagan in 3 Republican presidential primaries: Kentucky, Tennessee and Oregon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Love Hangover
- Wings - Silly Love Songs
- Elvin Bishop - Fooled Around And Fell In Love
- Silver Convention - Get Up And Boogie (That's Right)
- Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue
- Pratt and McClain - Happy Days
- John Sebastian - Welcome Back
- Henry Gross - Shannon
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Sara Smile
- Barry Manilow - Tryin' To Get The Feeling Again
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?