Friday 28 May 1976
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elenoire Casalegno and Jasmine Meakin.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Love Hangover by Diana Ross.
In UK Fernando by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Fell to Earth, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kapetan Mikula Mali.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Breakout or F-1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1976!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1976 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Elenoire Casalegno: Italian television presenter, actress and model.
- Jasmine Meakin: Choreographer.
- Zaza Enden: Georgian-Turkish wrestler basketball player and coach.
- Roberto Goretti: Italian footballer.
- Glenn Morrison: Australian rugby player and coach.
- Steffan Danielsen: Faroese painter (Born 1922).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Love Hangover
- Wings - Silly Love Songs
- Elvin Bishop - Fooled Around And Fell In Love
- Silver Convention - Get Up And Boogie (That's Right)
- Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue
- Pratt and McClain - Happy Days
- John Sebastian - Welcome Back
- Henry Gross - Shannon
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Sara Smile
- Barry Manilow - Tryin' To Get The Feeling Again
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?