Wednesday 22 September 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Thank Your Lucky Stars, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1943 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Toni Basil: American singer-songwriter dancer and actress.
- Barry Cable: Australian footballer and coach.
- Paul Hoffert: American keyboard player composer and academic (Lighthouse).
- Benedetta Barzini: Italian actress and model, daughter of Italian journalist and author Luigi Barzini, Jr.
- James Heuga: American athlete, an Olympic medalist in Alpine skiing, he was later diagnosed with mulitple sclerosis.
- British dwarf submarines attack Tirpitz
- Destroyer Itchen torpedoed and sinks
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 September 1943 and get them!