Thursday 29 October 1998
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Constantine-Alexios and Lance Stroll.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to The First Night by Monica.
In UK Rollercoaster by B*Witched was in the top 5 hits.
Meet Joe Black, directed by Martin Brest, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while Bag of Bones by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Studio Julmahuvi.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Area 51: Site 4 or Dink Smallwood.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1998!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1998 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Constantine-Alexios : Greek royalty, the second child of Crown Prince Pavlos and American heiress Marie-Chantal Miller (now styled as Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece, Princess of Denmark) who married on 1 July 1995.
- Lance Stroll: Canadian race car driver.
- Paul Misraki: Turkish-French composer and historian (d. 1998).
- Hurricane Mitch, the second deadliest Atlantic hurricane in history, makes landfall in Honduras.
- Apartheid: In South Africa, the Truth and Reconciliation Commission presents its report, which condemns both sides for committing atrocities.
- The NASA Space Shuttle Discovery blasts off with 77-year-old Senator John Glenn on board, making him the oldest person to go into space.
- ATSC HDTV broadcasting in the United States is inaugurated with the launch of STS-95 space shuttle mission.
- The Gothenburg nightclub fire in Sweden claims 63 lives and injures 200.
- Hurricane Mitch makes landfall in Central America, killing an estimated 18,000 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?