Tuesday 31 August 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 31 August 1915 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 31 August 1915 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
See other famous people born on 31 August
- Chicago White Sox Jimmy Lavender no-hits New York Giants, 2-0.
- Jimmy Lavender of the Chicago Cubs pitches a no hitter against the New York Giants.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Estrellita - McKee's Orchestra
Jane - Peerless Quartet
On, Wisconsin! - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1915?
- Science: Science vol. 42 issue 1078
- Science: Science vol. 42 issue 1077
- Science: Science vol. 42 issue 1076
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
This book was converted from its physical edition to the digital format by a community of volunteers. You may find it for free on the web.
My name is Hugh Paret. I was a corporation lawyer, but by no means a typical one, the choice of my profession being merely incidental, and due, as will be seen, to the accident of environment.
Michael O'Halloran (1915) by Gene Stratton Porter is the story of a streetwise but sterling-honest orphan boy who rescues and bonds with Peaches, a crippled orphan girl.
Mrs. Carew stirred irritably. "I'm sure I don't see why not," she fenced. Della Wetherby shook her head. "Yes, you do, dear.
Tell the world why 31 August 1915 is such a special date for you!