Tuesday 31 August 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 31 August 1915 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 31 August 1915 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
See other famous people born on 31 August
- Chicago White Sox Jimmy Lavender no-hits New York Giants, 2-0.
- Jimmy Lavender of the Chicago Cubs pitches a no hitter against the New York Giants.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Estrellita - McKee's Orchestra
Jane - Peerless Quartet
On, Wisconsin! - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1915?
- Science: Science vol. 42 issue 1078
- Science: Science vol. 42 issue 1077
- Science: Science vol. 42 issue 1076
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
A narrative of loss and change, a love story, and a warning about the evils of materialism, the book chronicles two midwestern families trying to cope with the onset of industrialization.
This scarce antiquarian book is a facsimile reprint of the original. Due to its age, it may contain imperfections such as marks, notations, marginalia and flawed pages.
This early 20th-century classic chronicles the adventures of an orphaned newspaper boy in his "hand-to-hand scuffle" with life in a midwestern metropolis. Gene Stratton-Porter's faith in the healing power of nature is also apparent, in a lovingly depicted tamarack swamp ...
Pollyanna Grows Up by Eleanor Porter, Pollyanna, now cured of her crippling spinal injury, spends her time teaching the "glad game" to the people in her new town, in particular, a very bitter woman called Mrs.
Tell the world why 31 August 1915 is such a special date for you!