Sunday 29 August 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1915!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1915 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Endel Laas: Estonian scientist and academic (d. 2009).
- Nathan Pritikin: American nutritionist and author (d. 1985).
- Ingrid Bergman: Swedish-American actress who won Oscars for "Gaslight," 1945 and "Anastasia," 1957.
- Jean Malrieu: French poet who died in Bruniquel on 25 April 1976.
- Denys Hay: Historian.
- US Navy salvage divers raise F-4, the first U.S. submarine sunk in accident.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Estrellita - McKee's Orchestra
- Jane - Peerless Quartet
- On, Wisconsin! - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?