Sunday 29 August 1915
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 29 August 1915 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 August 1915 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
See other famous people born on 29 August
Endel Laas: Estonian scientist and academic (d. 2009).
Nathan Pritikin: American nutritionist and author (d. 1985).
Ingrid Bergman: Swedish-American actress who won Oscars for "Gaslight," 1945 and "Anastasia," 1957.
Jean Malrieu: French poet who died in Bruniquel on 25 April 1976.
Denys Hay: Historian.
- US Navy salvage divers raise F-4, the first U.S. submarine sunk in accident.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Estrellita - McKee's Orchestra
Jane - Peerless Quartet
On, Wisconsin! - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1915?
- Science: Science vol. 42 issue 1078
- Science: Science vol. 42 issue 1077
- Science: Science vol. 42 issue 1076
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
A narrative of loss and change, a love story, and a warning about the evils of materialism, the book chronicles two midwestern families trying to cope with the onset of industrialization.
Excerpt: ...pleased to call plutocratic obsessions, nor had their disapproval always been confined to badinage. Nancy, too, they looked upon as a renegade. I was able to bear their reproaches with the superior good nature that springs from success, to ...
This early 20th-century classic chronicles the adventures of an orphaned newspaper boy in his "hand-to-hand scuffle" with life in a midwestern metropolis. Gene Stratton-Porter's faith in the healing power of nature is also apparent, in a lovingly depicted tamarack swamp ...
Pollyanna Grows Up is a 1915 children's novel by Eleanor H. Porter. It is the first of many sequels to Porter's best-selling Pollyanna. Pollyanna, now cured of her crippling spinal injury, spends her time teaching the "glad game" to new ...
Tell the world why 29 August 1915 is such a special date for you!