Thursday 1 May 1975
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jodhi May and Marc-Vivien Foe.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to He Don't Love You (Like I Love You) by Tony Orlando and Dawn.
In UK Bye Bye Baby by Bay City Rollers was in the top 5 hits.
Mandingo, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while A Month Of Sundays by John Updike was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Girls of Slender Means.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Indy 800 or Shark Jaws.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 1 May 1975 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
- Jodhi May: British actress.
- Marc-Vivien Foe: Cameroonian footballer (d. 2003).
- Austin Croshere: American basketball player: forward, Pacers.
- Marc-Vivien Foé: Cameroonian footballer (d. 2003).
- Nina Hossain: English journalist.
- Alexey Smertin: Russian footballer
- Islander Parise and Potvin score within 14 seconds in playoffs Flyers 5-Isles 4 - Semifinals - Flyers hold 2-0 lead
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - He Don't Love You (Like I Love You)
- B.J. Thomas - (Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song
- Freddy Fender - Before The Next Teardrop Falls
- Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom
- Sammy Johns - Chevy Van
- Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Jackie Blue
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Shining Star
- The Blackbyrds - Walking In Rhythm
- Leo Sayer - Long Tall Glasses (I Can Dance)
- Carpenters - Only Yesterday
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?