Saturday 9 February 2002
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eloise Mitchell .
In that special week of February people in US were listening to U Got It Bad by Usher.
In UK Gotta Get Thru This by Daniel Bedingfield was in the top 5 hits.
The Count of Monte Cristo, directed by Kevin Reynolds, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while A Beautiful Mind by Sylvia Nasar was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Salvage Squad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blood Omen 2 or Duke Nukem Advance.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 February 2002 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Vicente Sardinero: Spanish actor and singer (d. 2002).
- (to February 24) The XIX Olympic Winter Games are held in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
- Elizabeth II's sister Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon dies in her sleep aged 71 after suffering a major stroke.
- The trial of Slobodan Milošević, the former President of Yugoslavia, begins at the United Nations war crimes tribunal in The Hague.
- The U.S. Secretary of Energy makes the decision that Yucca Mountain is suitable to be the United States' nuclear repository.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 February 2002
Serie AItalian Football
- Chievo - Udinese : 1 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Lierse : 7 - 1
- Antwerp - Aalst : 2 - 0
- Beveren - Gent : 2 - 2
- Genk - Germinal : 4 - 4
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Dortmund : 1 - 1
- Hansa Rostock - Freiburg : 4 - 0
- Hertha - Stuttgart : 2 - 0
- Leverkusen - M'gladbach : 5 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Ahlen - Unterhaching : 2 - 0
- Ein Frankfurt - Karlsruhe : 3 - 1
Celebrate 9 February 2002 with a precious gift
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?